21 April 2014

Must-Read Monday, Week of 21 April 2014

This is going to be a regular feature here on the blog. Throughout the course of the week, I'll curate a list of links for y'all to read (if you want! No pressure!), because I wander all over the internets and I may have found something you haven't seen.

Please, please share your must-reads in the comments!
  • Yale Pro-Life Group Voted Out of 'Social Justice' League - According to a student who wrote an op-ed in the school newspaper, "a group that denies reproductive rights cannot have a claim to an organization that promotes social justice," and the league agreed. At least that student didn't call it "women's health," right? [This one leaves me torn. "Social justice" is one of those terms that makes my skin crawl because it almost always means big-government progressivism; there's substantial confusion between the secular and religious-left definition of social justice and the Catholic one (for reasons that I could write a graduate-thesis-length series of posts on, but in this case as evidenced by the pro-life club's ouster). So I think that the pro-life group doesn't actually belong in Yale's "Social Justice League," but on the other hand, membership means meeting spaces and access to funds.]
  • Jesus Had a Wife, and I've Met Her - Fr. Stephen Grunow explains why everyone you've seen sharing this story about the Coptic document citing Jesus' wife ("proof" that Jesus was married) are wrong again.
  • Release the Socks of War - The reliably entertaining Jonah Goldberg at NRO will make you laugh and cry about the state of our foreign policy with respect to Ukraine.
  • Dan Joseph of the Media Research Center (MRC) interviews protestors outside the National Rifle Association in my neighborhood: Fairfax, VA. You can bet the protestors make a lot of sense.
  • Wanna cry real tears because you're so moved? A runner at the Boston Marathon this morning fell at mile 26, unable to finish the final 0.2 miles. Four of his fellow runners, heedless of their own finishing times, picked him up and carried him across the finish line. I am ACTUALLY CRYING. (Maybe I'm pregnant, hah!)
And because I thought you might be able to use a giggle:
  • Michael Bloomberg: 'I Have Earned My Place in Heaven' - "I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I'm not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It's not even close." If there's a God, he's no match for Nanny Bloomberg, nosirree.

P.S. Dan Joseph is kinda famous and one of my Twitter followers. You should be too! Find me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment