11 June 2014

What am I even talking about?

Feedly is down and I had to take a break from work because my belly is (as always) in revolt. I should go get something to eat but I hate food, so... Blogging! Total randomness, comin' atcha.

This pregnancy is limping along, y'all. I am 11 weeks and 1 day, and it has already felt like an eternity. I can't keep my vitamins down and my diet is a disaster, but I'm not that worried because the same things were true with my first pregnancy too and let me tell you: she cooked up perfectly. The ob/gyn asked me during the lengthy "so, you're pregnant, tell us everything about everything" questionnaire if I remembered her APGAR scores, and I told him she got a 9 and a 10, and he was very impressed because apparently they don't give out a lot of 9s and 10s at our hospital.

Yeah, that's right: my baby got an A on her very first test.

Last night my husband brought me home a Caesar salad from Costco -- which is enormous, with chicken, and only costs $4! I'm not sure I could make it myself for $4 even if I were up to the (admittedly pretty small unless you can't walk into the kitchen without barfing) challenge -- and I shared my chicken with Keira. She had leftover macaroni and cheese to eat, but she preferred my chicken and the grape tomatoes off my salad. Or, as she refers to them: bobillies.

"Mmmm, chicken. Mmmmmm, bobillies! More bobillies? Peeeeeeease?"

I was trying to figure out why she was calling them that, and I thought maybe she thought they were blueberries? But she doesn't like blueberries. Maybe she's just weird, which would be delightful. When my goddaughter was a toddler she made up words for everyday things in her life. Her belly button was a "dongegonk" and her favorite socks were her "hula-hulas." It. Was. Wonderful.

Aaaanyway I have to get moving. I have to eat lunch whether I want to or not, which means I'm going to have to get in the car and go buy lunch because our cupboards are bare, and I only have an hour before I have to call into a work meeting.

Wish me luck finding something my belly will accept for lunch! It's touch-and-go around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment